Monday, February 22, 2010

I know you want pop, you want dance, you want rock and roll. You wanted boom boom? This year’s remix got symphonic soul.

Some songs I've been loving lately:

Ida Maria - See Me Through


I'd listened to "Oh My God," but other than that I'd never heard much of her music. Grabbed the album off of Bri, and this track stood out immediately.


Example - When The Sun Comes Up


Love to listen to this one in the morning when I'm getting ready or when I'm walking to school. Yes, I'm a nerd, because it's really about losing love - not early mornings.


Ja Rule - Down 4 U


Random, right? I was watching this movie "Fish Tank" (It's really good) and there's one scene where this song is playing on the TV and the main character is dancing along. It's been stuck in my head since. I really loved this song when it came out.


SNSD - Gee


I honestly don't listen to k-pop (seeing as how I don't understand Korean and all) but this song is ridiculously addictive. And I love it.


Florence + the Machine - My Boy Builds Coffins


Still discovering the amazing-ness that is the album "Lungs" by Florence + the Machine*. This song is gorgeous, I love it so much.


Major Lazer - Keep It Goin' Louder


My Lazer obsession hasn't waned. I love this song, it feels more soca-inspired than the rest of the album and gets me ready to have a good night =)


DJ Earworm - United States of Pop 2009


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. This mix fills me with happy butterflies. All the songs in this mix take me back to good times, and it's a really well done mash-up.


*In case you didn't guess, she's the inspiration for my blog's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting on this blog gives you a 100% chance of #winning at life. It's been scientifically proven.