Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Nude Look.

I am all over this neutrals/nude tones look for spring - unfortunately I own nothing taupe coloured. I was unsure if someone with darker skin tone such as myself could pull off wearing all neutrals, but my very fashionable mother pulled off the number quite well today (unfortunately she refuses to take pictures), so I may have to try it in the near future.

For now, some inspiration:

Taylor Sterling of Sterling Style





Louise of Miss Pandora (She's pretty much the queen of the all neutrals look, in case you couldn't tell.)


However, my personal favourite take on the look so far:

Sabrina of afterDRK


Anyways, I'm off to bake cupcakes at my friend's house. Peace!

13 comments:

  1. me too i wanna try neutrals this summer! but, like you, i'm not sure it'll have the same "nude" effect since i'm also black! oh well, never hurts trying!

    please check out my blog!
    http://indian-winter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving all there blogs they all look so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh i really need to get some more nude in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all these styles and outfits, the colors are great!




    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. they have such great personal style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the nude trend too! It's so subtle. I think girls with darker skin can totally pull it off. The colors will look even richer!

    Haha, I loved your comment about the power of Hello Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am equally in love with this nude trend ! I love the pictures you chose for this post.
    Have a great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! I love stylorectic too!

    -Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Pandora is fabulous.. wow..
    we hope your cupcakes turned out delicious

    stop by our fashion blog,we are giving away designer glasses.. we hope you love it!

    xx .sabo skirt.

    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nude is showing up EVERYWHERE recently. Total fan of the trend though. And mmmm cupcakes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog! <3
    I would love to invite you to my makeup&accessories giveaway - you can win some really nice items :))
    Please check it out:

    http://fraupixiedust.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-giveaway-make-up.html

    I cannot wait to hear from you! Have a great day! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Commenting on this blog gives you a 100% chance of #winning at life. It's been scientifically proven.